· What information we collect and why we collect it.
· How we use that information.
· How to access and update information.
Information We Collect
We collect information in the following ways:
· When you sign up to use the services supplied by Stylist Reservations we will ask you for a limited amount of personal information that is necessary to use our system. Information such as your name, address, Email address, phone number, optional photo, etc.
· Information we get from you when you use our system.
We collect information about the features that you use and how you use them such as when you search for a Stylist, or navigate from one page to another. We collect this information to improve the user experience and ensure confusion does not arise. Stylist Reservations collects information anytime our website is visited, and when a visitor chooses to sign up for our free reservation service (known as a Client) or as a Stylist/Barber. We separate information collection based on whether a user is an unregistered user, or a registered user.
· Log Information
When any user visits our website, we collect their IP address. We make no attempt to use an IP address to determine an individual user since not only can it be difficult to do, our focus is on general information that we can use to better administer our web site, track usage statistics, and may be used as part of a diagnosis process when we experience problems with our server(s). Other information such as crashes, browser type and language, the date and time of when you sent a request to us may also be logged. We also log attempts to sign in to our system so that we can meet our security objectives.
· Location Information
When you use Stylist Reservations features, we may collect and process information about your location. We use various tools to determine your IP Address and its associated location to determine usage density associated with a graphical region. This allows us to understand the customer density locations so that we can ensure our servers, marketing, and sales staff can focus on high density areas that may be of interest to ensure our systems are performing correctly, and to identify marketing and sales opportunities.
For registered users, a cookie is used to enhance their experience with Stylist Reservations by allowing us to automatically direct the registered user to their account page via a clicked “Remember Me” option when signing in.
· Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser. This enables our reservation system to recognize your browser and remember your login name, password, and any preferences you may have set up that are relevant to making reservations. For registered users, we do this so that you won’t have to retype the info you commonly use when making a reservation.
· We send what is known as a “session cookie” to your computer when you sign in to your account. Why do you need a session cookie? When you visit our site and sign in, a “session” is created for the time you are interacting with our website. The session goes away once you either log out, or close your browser (for a period of time). The session cookie helps your movement through our site by allowing us to recognize you as you visit multiple pages during the same session. Without the session cookie, we would have to ask you to sign in to view each page, and that would be a real hassle! Once you log out or close your browser (for a period of time), the session cookie expires and no longer has any effect.
· There are some longer lasting cookies that we send you for the purpose of automatically populating your E-mail address on our sign in page so that you don’t have to enter the E-mail address every time you attempt to sign in.
· So what happens if you change your browser so that cookies are not allowed? Well, you can do this of course, but it limits your interaction with our website and in some cases you may find that cookies being turned off interferes with your ability to use our website such that you can’t use the features we offer.
· Some of the information as described above may be saved to your hard drive by the Stylist Reservations web server. This information can only be accessed by the Stylist Reservations web server. Due to the technology we use, Internet users and other companies cannot access this information.
· Note that cookies are initially associated with the device (e.g. Computer) you used when signing in and setting up your preferences. If you use a different computer to make reservations and it does not have the Stylist Reservations cookie in place, you may need to retype information such as your Email address and password that you would not normally enter when using your primary computer. If cookies are allowed on the other device’s’ browser, it too will function the same as your primary computer the next time you use it.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and protect the features we currently offer. We also use the collected information to develop new features based on suggestions by you, but also as a result of data analysis, in order to make your experience the best it can be.
We use the information collected from cookies not only to analyze the experience our users have with our website, but also to ensure the quality of your user experience.
Users (unregistered, Clients, and Stylists/Barbers), may use the Contact Us form to suggest feature improvements, report bugs, or to ask questions. We retain this information to help solve any issues that might arise affecting you in such a way that your user experience is less than desirable. We may also use your Email to tell you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming feature changes, feature improvements, or advise you about new features.
Information You Share
During the process of using our system, you may encounter services that let you share information with others. Examples of sharing your information can exist when you make a Reservation with a Stylist, a Stylist that makes a reservation on your behalf, or inviting a Stylist/Barber to join Stylist Reservations.
Information We Share
We do not share any of your personal information with any other company, organization, or individuals outside of Stylist Reservations unless we have your consent to do so (we will always ask you first although we currently do not share information with anyone else).
We will share personal information with other companies, organizations, or individuals outside of Stylist Reservations if we have a good faith understanding that access, use, disclosure or preservation of the information is necessary (within reason) to meet the following objectives:
· Meet the requirements of any applicable law, legal process, regulation, or an enforceable government request.
· Enforce components of the Terms of Service, including investigating potential violations.
· Detect, deter, or otherwise address fraud or security issues that may include technical issues.
· Protect the rights, property, or safety of Stylist Reservations, our users, or the general public, as required or permitted by law.
Using our collected information that does not identify any personal identifiable information, we may share the information publicly to show trends associated with the use of our system and its features.
1. We work hard to protect Stylist Reservations and our valuable customers from unauthorized access, disclosure or destruction of information we retain.
2. We encrypt all the communication between the browser and our website using SSL.
3. We analyze and review our mechanisms for collecting information, information storage and how we process that information in order protect against unauthorized assess to our system.
4. Access to personal information is restricted to Stylist Reservations employees with the need to know, contractors, and professional partners that need to know the information to process it for us, with the understanding that they have contractual obligations that must be strictly met resulting in discipline, or even termination, if the contractual obligations are not met.
Information We Collect
Why do we need the information we collect? We collect information based on the minimum data we need to identify you as a registered user of Stylist Reservations, and for our system to accurately make your reservation. As we fine tune our system, we may discover that we need additional information to accurately identify availability with our participating Stylists/Barbers. In that case, we will notify you that you need to add some more information to make the reservation process easier for you. The basic information we collect is as follows:
· E-mail Address: Your E-mail address is your “User ID.” It is also the address we use to send you confirmation messages and reminders about upcoming reservations with the Stylist of your choice (assuming they are a Stylist/Barber with Stylist Reservations).
· Password: In order to ensure your privacy for you as a registered user, we need to have a means for you to securely log in to our system. The password you select is unique to your account and must be re-entered to ensure its authenticity when first entered or changed in your User Preferences.
· Street Address, City, State, Zip Code, Country: Your address information is another means for us to contact you in case your E-mail account is no longer valid. We also use this information as part of an aggregate for us to determine where our customers are located so that we can better understand our demographics and design our website so that it best serves you.
We may choose to aggregate information from our customers that does NOT include email addresses, phone numbers, personal addresses, or anything that reveals specifics about our customers. We do not want our customers to receive unwanted phone calls, emails, or solicitations of any type. We value the privacy of our customers and will not invade their privacy by sharing any information that would compromise their privacy. We may use this information to indicate the population density where we provide our product, so we can best serve our customers. A typical example of the information we may aggregate is city, state, and zip code. This information can help us tune our software so that we have a solution that provides a 24/7 capability that is always responsive and provides the value our customers expect.
Your name, E-mail address, home address, telephone number or any other contact information will not be shared with any third parties except:
· Information required by a Salon or Stylist to perform the requested service(s),
· Under legal subpoena,
· Doing so will assist us in enforcing our legal rights when a membership is misused,
· If we reasonably believe that doing so may mitigate our liability,
· As part of a corporate transaction such as a divestiture, merger, or asset sale, and in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Children’s Personal Information
Since our web site is on the Internet for anyone to access, we determine if a registered user is a child via a new client clicking “I am over 18 years of age” when setting up their profile. A user under the age of 18 is not allowed to create reservations. By the Client clicking they are over 18 years of age, they are certifying in good faith that they are following the terms and conditions of using our site.